Mutual Ownership. American Values. Niche Expertise.
GuideOne has a long history of serving niches – Religious Organizations, Nonprofits & Human Services, Schools, Small Businesses and Programs. We are excited to further the company’s diversification by launching GuideOne National, our Specialty E&S carrier that is committed to serving five key industry verticals:
- Infrastructure & Rail
- Technical Property
- Energy & Mining
- Financial / D&O
The GuideOne Difference
GuideOne brings three competitive advantages to the Specialty E&S market:
- As an American Mutual Insurance Company located in the heart of the country, we understand the needs of American businesses. We are here to fill a market need for capacity.
- We work exclusively with a small number of Wholesale Brokers who bring a high level of expertise and professionalism to the Specialty E&S markets we serve.
- Best-in-class underwriting and engineering talent. Our leadership and this team have strong Specialty E&S experience and are finely attuned to the unique and complex risks in this market. We are committed to bringing in top industry talent, with a demonstrated record of success.
From bridges to dams to rail networks, we offer a full line of property and casualty coverages. Our underwriting team is comprised of industry experts with extensive product knowledge and risk-management expertise.
Our infrastructure and rail operational risks appetite includes:
- Rail Networks
- Port and Motorway
Leveraging the technical expertise of our specialized underwriters, who have proven experience in the construction industry, our Construction sector offers customized coverage options for your unique construction risks.
Our constructions risks appetite includes:
- General Liability - Wrap-up only
The GuideOne team has extensive industry knowledge and is able to provide businesses with tailored insurance solutions for their unique risks. Our full line of coverages include:
- Mineral & metal processing
- Oil & gas - midstream and downstream
- Plus traditional and renewable power generation & distribution business
Our Technical Property sector offers a diverse appetite that provides property coverage solutions for your unique business operations. We will entertain most classes of occupancy, from soft risks such as commercial real estate schedules to tough manufacturing exposures. The depth of experience of our team allows us to work closely with clients to create tailor-made solutions for the most challenging situations.
Required documents for the submission:
- Statement of Values in excel format
- Summary of the Insured’s operation
- Proposed policy wording
- Proposed program layers, pricing and deductibles
- 10 year loss runs with details of any significant losses (over $1M) and future risk mitigation details
- Engineering reports on all key locations
- Business Continuity Plan for risks where Time Element exposure exists
Our first product is an Excess Liability Follow Form that is being used for Directors & Officers Insurance for Publicly Traded Companies. We have a diverse appetite and operate within the Non-Admitted Marketplace. We are proud to be an exclusive carrier for RT Specialty, LLC.
Required documents for submission:
- 5 years of loss runs
- Sample forms of the followed policy
Mark Groenheide | Senior Vice President, Specialty
Mark is responsible for growing and managing business by focusing on niche specialty markets and targeted distribution with opportunities for sustained profit and growth. He previously served as Vice President Engineering Lines North American Underwriting at HDI Global Insurance Company and held senior leadership roles with Generali.
Derek Schiavone | Head of Construction Casualty
Derek has over 15 years of experience underwriting construction risks, including projects for national and regional contractors throughout the United States. As Head of Construction Casualty, he will grow and manage GuideOne National’s construction casualty practice through strategic relationships, which includes our target distribution partners.
Kent McCambell | Head of Technical Property, Domestic
Kent has 10 years of primary commercial lines underwriting experience and over 20 years of reinsurance underwriting experience. As Head of Technical Property, he will be responsible for building a diverse portfolio in these practices.
Jessica Whiton | Head of Infrastructure & Rail
Jessica brings to GuideOne National six years of commercial underwriting experience with a large commercial property focus, which was established during her most previous role as a Commercial Property Analyst. As Head of Infrastructure & Rail, she will evaluate risk and establish a robust portfolio.
Dan Conway | Head of Financial Lines
Dan brings 8 years of experience with Management Liability and Crime Insurance products. As the Head of Financial Lines, he will grow and manage a profitable book of business, take the lead on product development efforts, develop a strong underwriting team, maintain healthy relationships with our business partners, and oversee reinsurance placement.
Neeraj Jeswani | Head of Innovation
Neeraj brings several years of pricing and actuarial modeling experience to his new role, Head of Innovation. Prior to joining GuideOne National, he was the Senior Executive Actuary for Health and Property and Casualty Insurance at Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited, Mumbai.